|| VISUAL LANDING AID |
A cross-platform design toolkit with open 3D graphics standards (VRML/X3D) for supporting Visual Landing Aid (VLA) design and evaluation
activity has been developed for the Navy. Inclusion of proper photometry and colorimetry metrics permits PC-based evaluation of VLA systems under all Navy
operational conditions. The software includes demonstrated dynamic 3D modeling features and night-vision rendering capability that immediately benefits ship
upgrades and new ship designs, and can enhance flight simulation environments for operations planning, pre-test prediction and training.
- Interactive placement and configuration of VLA components within 3D environment
- Accurate rendering of environmental and physical lighting effects
- Supports multiple dynamic viewpoints of the same scene
- Interfaces to Matlab provide quantitative metric extraction from evaluation sessions
- Ship lighting system design and evaluation
- Runway/airport design and operational support
- Shipboard operation analysis and training
- Flight event reconstruction and mission rehearsal
Pilot eye-point view of approach to DD(X) flightdeck at dusk.
VLA Toolkit rendering of SH-60 approaching DDG-963 with electro-luminescent panels.
Sponsored in by Navair Patuxent River.
TPOC: Dean Carico (Navair) (301) 342-1382
More aerospace projects...
More projects in aerospace and other disciplines...