|| FIXED-WING AIRCRAFT PROJECTS |
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- AGDISP - EPA-accredited, stand alone software for predicting the deposition
of chemicals from agricultural aircraft (for the EPA and U.S. Forest Service) - read more...
- UNIWAKE - Stand alone software that provides a
fast, high fidelity model of the turbulent decay of aircraft vortex wakes
using a Parabolic Navier-Stokes solution.
- FPA - CDI developed a Fast Panel Analysis using Hierarchical Fast Panel
methods to reduce the computation time and required storage by two orders of magnitude for
high resolution airframe models. Detailed panelizations of civil and military aircraft
configurations were then developed in joint work with Boeing Phantom Works - read more...
- PMARC-EXPRESS - CDI incorporated the fast panel methods found in our
Fast Panel Analysis into NASA's PMARC code - read more...
- FPV - CDI developed a Fast Panel/Vortex Analysis
that provides an inviscid aircraft aerodynamic solution containing both the body and unsteady
evolution of the aircraft wake - read more...
- CHAFF - Windows-based software that determines the dispersion of aircraft
countermeasuresuses using velocity fields generated by CDI's CHARM and FPV codes - read more...
- FJSIM - Fuel Jettisoning Simulation (FJSIM), FJSIM
predicts the evaporation and deposition of fuel jettisoned from an aircraft into the atmosphere
(for the U.S. Air Force) - read more...
- CJSIM - Chemical Jettisoning Simulation (CJSIM), CJSIM
is an enhanced version of FJSIM tailored to predict the deposition of chemicals jettisoned
into the atmosphere from an airborne laser aircraft (for the U.S. Air Force) - read more...
- MAST - CDI's Multiple Aircraft Simulation Tool software was extended to
model wake interaction effects associated with a mixutre of rotary-wing and fixed-wing aircraft
within a flight simulation environment (for NASA Ames) - read more...
HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- EJECTION SEAT - Hybrid hardware/software ejection system incorporating a fully
digital control system with controllable propulsion to enhance survivability (for U.S. Navy)
- PASSIVE ICE DETECTION SYSTEM - Infers ice accretion in flight
by analyzing performance changes relative to pilot control positions (for U.S. Navy)
- UAV FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM - for Aereon Corp.
- LOW VORTEX WING TIP MODIFICATIONS - Wing tip modifications that reduce the
impact of tip vortices on aircraft used for agricultural applications and thus decrease the
drift of aerial applications were developed (for the EPA).
- VORTEX ALLEVIATION - utilizing CDI's UNIWAKE analysis and other in-house
software, CDI developed flap systems for large commercial aircraft that reduce the strength
of the vortex wake (for NASA)
- LONG TIME WAKE/PLUME CHARACTERISTICS - Analysis performed for NASA developing
a model of the long time wake/plume characteristics associated with aircraft jettisoning liquid
materials. This R&D eventually led to the development of the FJSIM and CJSIM software tools.
More fixed-wing aircraft projects...
More projects in aerospace and other disciplines...